Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Amigurumilephant


I made crochet creatures!! It is super exciting!! After my first attempt at the mouse last week (below), I spent Sunday watching the cricket and making the above little guy from the
roxycraft elephant pattern. His body is a bit long and skinny, his trunk is not really in proportion, and one ear is a bit wrinkly, but I think he at least vaguely resembles an elephant so Im very proud :) Lak has named him Gus, as in 'snuffleupagus'.


The original crochet animal attempt mouse. He actually has a pointy little snout, its a bit tricky to see. Im wondering if he is actually inside out - there seems to be a 'knit' looking side and a 'stripey' looking side to crochet, and this guy is stripy side out, which he probably shouldnt be. Oh well, mice are stripey, right...??

In other news:
I know, I know, Im obsessed with reality TV - but James went from Australian Idol, which is a bit sad. He wasn't that good a singer, but he was a couple of years below me when I was in high school so it was nice to see a fellow Inaburrian on teeves. Now we just need to get rid of the rest of the boys and we will actually have some talented finalists!! Harsh, I know, but boring punk-pop Lee absolutely CRUCIFIED Eye of the Tiger and got a touchdown for it (!!), so I am becoming a bit disillusioned with the whole thing. Go Emily!!

No comments: