Monday, January 26, 2009

Blank Slate

The chair, now living upstairs in the bedroom

So I had previously pondered what to do with the reading nook area, and eventually I settled on reupholstering the red chair. But over Christmas, the newly reupholstered chair moved up to the bedroom to make way for the Christmas tree, and I realised that I liked it much better up there. So now I am thinking that that half of the lounge room should be another sitting/conversation area for when we have lots of people (read: more than 2 in our tiny house) over, with a couple of chairs and ottoman or bench/coffee table. So I am now on the hunt for the perfect, smallish chairs and ottoman/table to fill the space.

Empty space awaiting new seating area.
(above) Looking towards the stairs,
and (below) looking towards the window.



I saw this chair on ebay, plus another in blue and another in red from the same seller, but I would want them to match and I was worried about reupholstering this style of chair. Then I totally forgot to bid anyway, and they havent relisted, so I'm back at square one.

Missed opportunity on ebay :(

I'm thinking this may also be the opportunity to get the Noguchi coffee table I've always wanted, but it could be a little too large for this space? And again, what chairs with it? I think for now I will leave it blank, ponder on it some more and wait for the perfect pieces to come along.


PS. Thanks Alysia for the lovely mention on the Bueller Designs blog! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle, your home is beautiful. There is not one thing I would change. Best of luck with your new business :)

red.door.read said...

hi danielle
just found your blog thru sfgirlbybay. your home is beautiful. light, airy, comfortable, serene. thanks for sharing.

cheers

Danielle said...

Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comments Laura and red door red! :)