Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Stylish Stationery

My sisters stationery set - click to see larger size

This is the set of stationery I designed for my sisters wedding which is coming up this weekend. I *think* they turned out quite well - stylish, cheap and simple, just what she asked for. This was a good experiment to see if wedding design is something I might like to do as a career move - I quite enjoyed it and I like the outcome, but I would still love any feedback from blog readers out there to develop my skills further :) Critique away!


Here are some of the geeky technical points:

  • Everything can be printed on a normal home printer on A4 sheets - this whole set required one ream of thin white A4 cardboard
  • The square invite is a standard square envelope size (she bought hers on ebay)
  • The Thank You slip is DL sized, so they fit 3 to an A4 page and can be posted in a standard DL envelope
  • The OOS is A5, so you just print it on cardboard and fold in half as the cover
  • The only seperate part to stick on is the white box on the cover of the invite - this was stuck with glue to the left flap, but it could also be printed on a sticker sheet to seal the invite shut if desired
  • The whole thing cost about $100 - $150 for approx 90 invites

I am yet to release my own invite design to the world, partly because I want it to be a bit special and secret, and partly because I have changed it so many times it might be different come next Feb! But as a bit of a sneak peak, heres my Save the Date card so far:


If youre a DIY Bride (or should that be DIBride?) like me, for inspiration check out Luxe Paperie for funky ideas and colour combos, and KenzieKate for gorgeous and stylish invitation designs

No comments: